Belimo 101 : Introduction to Air Damper Actuators, Valves, Retrofits & Sensors Morning
This is the latest version of our 4hr workshop is designed to provide valuable hands-on training and instruction to those working with Belimo actuators, valves, retrofits and sensors.
In addition to a hands-on mounting and wiring lab, participants will learn how to size air dampers and control valves and will be provided with valuable troubleshooting tips and advice from our Belimo training team.
Equipment, tools and training materials will all be provided during this class; all you need to do is show up!
Topics- Air Damper Actuators
- Introduction to BELIMO
- Actuator Nomenclature
- Air Damper Actuator Sizing
- Spring and Non-Spring Return Air Damper Actuators
- Actuator Types
- Hands-on Actuator Mounting and Wiring Lab
- Actuator Control Signals
- Introduction to Belimo Multi Function Technology™ (MFT)
- Introduction to Belimo Zip Economizer Controller
- Introduction to Belimo Sensors & Monitoring
What will I learn?
- How to I size an actuator based on damper torque requirements.
- The differences between spring return and non-spring return actuators.
- The control signals commonly used today in commercial HVAC.
- How to select control signals based upon application.
- How to identify the features and properties of Belimo actuators from the model number.
- How to identify spring and non-spring return actuators from the model number.
- How to mount and wire spring and non-spring return actuators.
- Basic troubleshooting on the mounting and wiring of Belimo actuators.
- The programming options available on Belimo Multi Function Technology products.
- Preview the new line of Belimo Sensors.
Topics- Control Valves
- How to Select a Control Valve
- Control Valve Types
- Control Valve Applications & Nomenclature
- Control Valve Sizing Exercises
- Introduction to Retrofit
What will I learn?
- The key differences between 2-way and 3-way valves.
- The difference between mixing and diverting valves.
- To calculate the required Cv rating for a valve from GPM and ΔP over the valve.
- What the different valve flow characteristics mean.
- How to identify valves by type (i.e. Ball valve, Globe valve etc.).
- How Belimo pressure independent valves works, both mechanical and electronic.
- How to Energy Valves can monitor, flow and temperature as well as manage Delta T for Hydronic coils.
- How Smart Valves like the Energy Valve can do analytics that lead to system optimization that qualifies for Utility Incentive
|Mar 27 2024 8:00 am
|Event End Date
|Mar 27 2024 12:00 pm
|No Charge for this session – attendees will receive a coupon for $20.00 for participating
|Wiles-Legault Branch - Old Innes Road